Thursday, March 4, 2010

Austin, Texas

We spent most of last week in Austin for a wedding. Congrats April and Brad!! The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time!

We went early to spend some time with friends and enjoy Austin. At some point during the trip all 3 of us ended up sick, but we still managed to have fun. I think we are all on the road to recovery now.

Avery did really well on the plane.



We got to spend 2 nights with Leslie and Jon. Avery couldn't get enough of climbing up the stairs in their house. Avery loved meeting you two! Can't wait until we can see you again.



We took Avery to the University of Texas Co-op where she got to meet a giant Bevo and see all things Texas! She really enjoyed being on campus and can't wait until she can attend.



We then went to Daddy's favorite lunch spot - Rudy's!! Avery loved the BBQ and so did Mom and Dad.





Friday morning we took Avery to the Austin Children's Museum. We had never gone before and it was really nice. She had a great time running around and burning off some energy.





Avery and Dad dropped me off for my bridesmaid lunch and they went to Whataburger and Sandy's next door. Daddy claims that they didn't get anything from Sandy's, but I'm not convinced since Avery is smiling so big!



Saturday before the wedding we had hot dogs with Grandma and Grandpa at Frank's. Avery had her 1st hot dog and really liked it.



Saturday was a beautiful Austin day so we walked around a little bit downtown before heading back to get ready for the wedding.







This is the only picture I have from the wedding. When the professional pictures are up, I'll be sure to post them. Avery enjoyed spending time with her buddy Alex.



We headed home Sunday and were glad to back in NWA even though we really miss Austin. I think Avery waved at every single person in the Austin airport and at everyone on both of our flights.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so busy! I'm glad Avery got her first taste of a hot dog...SO many more to come. And I'm glad Avery's ahead of the game and chose a college already (what did Dad think of that?)...but my question is: what will you do when she moves away?!?! You'll probably have to move back with her! :)

    And PS: are you guys wearing cowboy boots with the bridesmaid dresses?!? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun! Looks like Avery was a good little traveler. I love the bridesmaid dresses and boots, too.

    ReplyDelete